The component supports ability to select data from different sources (databases, CSV files, Flickr and Picasa services, local images and etc.) and then use the selected data by "ARI Smart Content" applications. All supported sources are divided by groups ("Database data", "Media data" and "Text data") and each group contains links to pages where possible to create a new data source or edit existing one or configure some settings which can be used by data sources (like connections to databases, Flickr API key and etc.). Links to data sources pages are marked with icon. Links to settings pages are marked with icon.
See the following available groups with description of supported data source providers:
- Databases section contains links to pages where possible to configure connections to databases and create data sources for data from databases which will be used by plugins and modules. At least one DB connection should be defined.
- CSV files section is used to create data sources for CSV files. Possible to create data sources for local and remote files.
- Local images section is used to create data sources for images which are located in folders (sub-folders) in Joomla! root directory.
- Flickr section contains links to pages where possible to define Flickr API keys and data sources for images from Flickr service. At least one Flickr account should be defined.
- Picasa is used to create data sources for photos from Picasa service.
- Articles is used to create data sources for Joomla! articles.