Use this data provider to select K2 articles according to certain criteria. This type of data sources can be used by sliders or by tab or accordion application to create F.A.Q.
On this page administrator can
- Create a new data source using "New" button.
- Edit an existing data source by clicking it's name or by selecting checkbox at left of appropriate data source and clicking "Edit" button.
- Remove data sources by selecting checkbox at left of appropriate data sources and clicking "Delete" button.
Create/edit data source
The following parameters can be defined for data source:
- ID is record number in the database. It is used by "ARI Smart Content" applications to select data source(s) which will be used.
- Name is a name of the data source.
- Description is a description of the data source.
- Articles count is used to specify how many articles will be selected. If it is set to 0 or empty, all articles will be selected.
- Exclude featured articles is used if necessary to exclude featured articles from the selection.
- Invert category selection if the parameter is enabled, the extension will select articles from categories which are not selected in Categories parameter.
- Include sub-categories if the parameter is enabled, the extension will select articles from categories with are selected in Categories parameter and from all sub-categories of the selected categories.
- Categories is used to specify categories of which will be selected articles.
- Included articles is used to specify IDs of articles which will be selected ignoring other parameters. If you want to specify several ID, separate it by commas.
- Excluded articles is used to specify IDs of articles which will not be selected ignoring other parameters. If you want to specify several ID, separate it by commas.
- Random sorting set the parameter to "Yes" if want to select articles in random order. In this case parameters from Sort section will be ignored.
- Sort is used to specify sort field and sort direction which will be used to sort the selected articles. The first pair of sort field and sort direction will be used as main sorting expression, the second as secondary sorting expression and etc.